07 July 2010

All those segments making up one person

No photos, just something taken from youtube to remind myself (later on) how things I experienced during the whole of my life make up for being who I am now....




And so...


The Netherlands won yesterday in the half finals of the Mondial. I am not particularly interested in football (soccer) but as things get closer to a 'deja-vu' (and the NLs might very well end up playing the German team for the 3rd time, like they started out doing some 35 years ago) - roll back into time to where I was 17 and holidaying in Benidorm. ALL Dutch were ecstatic and glued to the t.v. screens at their hotels, there in that (still not too exploited) Spanish holiday resort. "We" lost then.

Fast forward to July 2010, I wish I could have been here, my heart truly yearns for something so harmonious as tens of thousands of people being truly happy while sharing something so innocent as a victory in football. Such a nice break away from happy events being celebrated with always having a political meaning attached to it......



1 comment:

  1. Have seen Top Gun on Veronica while the rest of the nation has been watching socking soccer.

    ReplyDelete