19 March 2011


Is how I entered this Shabbat. At first Klaas was complaining and whining to go out and usually I would quickly dress and comply. But today I felt I didn't really care for being pushed to do things because during the week I am very much flexible and take on any 'mission' at an instant. So, I let him go out by himself. Irresponsible? Yes. But I just couldn't care. Today I wanted to do what I w-a-n-t-e-d to and w-h-e-n I wanted to do it. And so, after having spent something like two hours on the internet dreaming away on sites that memorize and re-live the neighborhood of my birth (Crooswijk, Rotterdam) - I found Klaas sitting outside the door and I started to dress to take him out - but this time for a long, far walk.

It was around 11:00 a.m. already and the sun had come out...

I saw this gorgeous flower branch growing on a bush or small tree in Abba Hillel. I didn't want to make many photos today but just HAD TO get this shot because it made me feel happy instantly. I wonder about the name....

After shooting the above I had taken just a few more steps and looked up... There he was again this Whitebreasted Kingfisher (I seem to see him or his brothers or sisters) every week). He was quite close but an elderly couple passed me and off he flew (I didn't like that elderly couple at the moment). He flew to a nearby tree in the gardens adjoining Abba Hillel and that's why I still got some pretty decent photos of him:


As I entered the park I noticed it was snail-time again. Last year I was very amused to notice them clinging to the leaves of the plants at the side of the path meant for walkers and cyclists because they looked like 'another kind of flower'. So, this year they're back:


Near the first bridge I noticed the Sweet Acacia was blooming voluptuously.

After crossing the bridge I saw something colorful and shining on the street. It was a dead green insect. Poor bugger. He must have been beautiful when he lived because he still was so now, being dead :-(

I spent quite some time on 'my mezah' just like in the bad 'good old days'. Klaas is totally bored there but I couldn't care less. I didn't put my feet in the water because I didn't feel like it but as can be seen in one of the following photos, the water wasn't too bad probably (though it seems more like parents drop their children in the water while they, themselves, stay out):

I decided to walk back home through the park again but this time from the other side of the Yarkon (and it honestly felt different, real "yuppie", bleehhhh). I only made one photo there and that's this Pluisbloem (I should look up how that's called in English but I don't feel like it now).

When I was back on more familiar terrain again (near the Yarkon at the outskirt of Shikun Vatikim, also a far cry from "me" - whom I wish to be identified with as a descended of Crooswijk) I saw this insect sitting on this yellow flower. I had seen this one many times during my walk and so I decided to shoot it and perhaps later ask its name. When I came too close with my camera he flew away..

In Shikun Vatikim I walked quite fast because on the last traject home, but these three mus..........hrooms did really catch my eye:

I REALLY would like to know the name of the following flower in the next 3 pictures. I by chance smelled at them when passing them on my way out of Shikun Vatikim and was startled by the absolutely wonderful scent. I know this scent from perfumes or body-lotions or whatever but don't know its name...

And this has been an old fashioned entry at this blog again....

No comments:

Post a Comment