14 July 2011

B-A-C-K. . .

with a new camera :-)
And, a very sophisticated one at that :-)

I still have a whole lot to learn about this camera and -for a change, because age(ing) probably makes people, or at least me, more patient- I am looking forward to discovering this newly required friend :-)

The first few test photos are here. One of the Egret I took last Sunday when walking to the Duck's Pond with my son and this bird sitting at least 50 meters away from me:

P1000094(3)

(A distance my old camera -but not forgotten friend- could never bridge and make such a precise photo)


And then tonight.... The day before yesterday I took some shots of the almost full moon which completely failed. So, today I tried again and set the function button to manual. I had no idea really of what aperture and shutter mode to set it on but I tried and I think I made some progress. This is tonights moon, partially obscured by a cable that was hanging in the street:

try-moon

And then this 'thing' that sits on the wall next to me when sitting near the pc. I couldn't figure out what it was while seeing it with the naked eye, but zooming in with my new friend makes it all clear:

discovery2

It has been sitting there for some 3 days and thus is quite dead. Unfortunately....

No comments:

Post a Comment